Maintaining your home is essential, especially when you likely want it to last for a lifetime. If you fail to properly maintain your home, it will lose value over time and will cost you a lot of money to fix in the end. So, with that said, we will look at 10 typical home maintenance tasks that you’re likely neglecting.
1. Check your fridge coils and clean them. Unfortunately, over time, the coils on your fridge typically collect a lot of dust, dirt, and grime. As a result, this causes your fridge to work less efficiently and can even increase your electricity bill. So, you should aim to clean out these coils at least twice per year.
2. Clean your windows. It is easy to forget to clean your windows since they are typically covered by blinds or curtains. However, cleaning them is essential and you should aim to do so once every two months.
3. If you have ceiling fans in your home, then you should strive to clean them regularly. They can get quite dirty and it is easy to forget about cleaning them. You should clean them once every month so that they don’t continue to blow dust and dirt around your home.
4. Cleaning the gutters. Over time, your gutters can collect a lot of leaves, twigs and other debris. This can cause your guttering to leak. So, be sure to check them at least once every few months and clean them as necessary.
5. If you have siding on the exterior of your home, then you should clean it once it starts to look dirty. It is best to use a pressure washer to do so.
6. Clean under your furniture and appliances. Unfortunately, many people forget to clean under their furniture simply because it’s too heavy to move. However, you should do so at least twice per year.
7. Next, you should clean your stove or range hood. Unfortunately, the filter for your range can get quite dirty with grease and you should clean or replace it at least once per year. You can call Dallas grease trap cleaning to clean or replace your grease traps at home.
8. The bathroom fan is another important thing to clean since it is responsible for removing moisture from your bathroom. As a result, it can have a lot of mildew and dirt on it and you should clean it once per month.
9. Next, cleaning your dryer hose and vent is another task you should not ignore since it can potentially cause a fire. You should regularly clear out the lint from your dryer’s vent to keep it in good condition and safe.
10. Lastly, be sure to change your air filter in your HVAC regularly. This will keep the air in your home healthy for you and your family. Call air conditioning Maui for regular air conditioning service.
Another is your basement. Check the gutters, insulate your pipes, and check the landscaping around your house. Finish your unfinished basement renovation. Be sure to hire a skilled and reliable basement finishing contractor.