The fall is already here! The colorful leaves and fall colors are quite heartwarming. Soon enough, winter will be here and you need to make sure that your home will be ready for winter. Here are some of the top 8 chores to do in your home before winter comes.
1. Start composting. The fallen autumn leaves shouldn’t go to waste. Rather, you should start composting early enough so you can have enough manure for your garden. If you want to trim or remove a tree, find a pro to do it. Tree service Alexandria will help you with anything tree-related.
2. It’s time to start decluttering. Remember, during the winter season you will be spending a lot of time indoors and all that clutter will be unsightly. Give away anything you don’t need and make sure everything else is properly organized. If you see insects like bed bugs, don’t forget to call Buffalo bed bug exterminator, a pro that can totally rid them all.
3. It’s time to repair and mend your fences. You don’t want to start fixing your fence when the snow has fallen on the ground. Get the tools ready and start fixing immediately.
4. Check your outdoor lighting and confirm if it’s working. If there are any lights that need repair, you need to fix them immediately. You don’t want to be climbing on the roof during the cold winter months.
5. Start cleaning your heating source. If you use a fireplace, you need to clean it properly so it can serve you during winter. Don’t hesitate to call a pro if your house has mold. Oahumold.com has a team that is professionals and technicians dedicated to mold remediation services.
Don’t forget to clean your grease trap at home. Call greasetrapseattle.com if you need fast and affordable grease trap services.
As well as your kitchen hoods. If you need a service that can clean your kitchen, call hood cleaning Oahu.
6. Take care of doors and windows. Make any necessary repairs to remove drafts that might lead to heat loss and higher heating bills during the winter season.
7. Stock up on the winter supplies. If schools are closed, make sure you have enough food so you don’t have to spend a lot of time outside during the cold.
8. Remove the lawn furniture immediately. The winter snow will fall on the furniture resulting in a lot of damage to your wooden furniture. Store it in the garage or indoors to avoid further damage.
Once you are done with these and more chores, your home will be ready for winter!